Fashion

Culotte Jumpsuit x Jean Jacket

img_4108-2img_4062-2img_4056-2img_4156-2img_4167-2img_4145-2img_4077-2img_4192-2img_4087-2

It’s finally starting to feel like fall in the D.C. area and I have mixed emotions about it. I mean, bring on the #basic goodness (dark mani’s, cozy sweaters, plaid shirts, PSL’s, and pumpkin candles) but I wish time would slow down a little bit! It was just summer like three minutes ago. Don’t even get me started on the stores that have already broken out the holiday decor…too soon, Homegoods, way. too. soon.

Anyway, with everyone in a rush to pile on the scarves and boots, I’m taking things a bit slower. The weather is still in the upper 60’s, low 70’s here and I’m going to take full advantage of it while it lasts.

I’m pretty sure fall fashion has been taking a stroll down memory lane because chokers are giving me 90’s vibes and culottes were my go-to in college (I will gladly welcome back gaucho pants but the sequined tube tops need to stay in 2007). Speaking of, I got this culotte jumpsuit (now on sale in all sizes!) a few weeks ago and I’ve already worn it a few times. It is so versatile and the mixed media fabric can be dressed up or down with the right accessories. I added a jean jacket being it was a chillier day but could’ve easily swapped it out for a pashmina to go to dinner. You already know how I feel about my shoes (hands-down my best purchase in a months and under $50) and this top-handle bag has gotten my name written all over it– it is blush-colored perfection.

I’ll be spending my weekend packing up our apartment for our upcoming move but I hope you guys are doing something fun! I can’t say I’m looking forward to it but my reward comes on Monday (Eddie’s birthday) when I can devour some ice cream cake 🙂 Until then, catch me knee-deep in boxes wishing I was going pumpkin picking with a hot Starbucks in hand… (and for all of you who will be affected by the hurricane, take care of yourself and stay safe. I’ll be thinking of you!)Classic and Gray Post Signature

Jumpsuit, on sale and under $30!// Denim jacket, also love this one // Choker // Bag // Sunnies via Ditto (use code: classicandgray for one month free! // Watch, case & band // Shoes, on sale and under $50!

sarah lindner
    October 7, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Such a fab look! Really loving the way the pants flare!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Lee Anne
    October 7, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Yes, yes, yes! I just love this look. The denim jacket with the jumpsuit look so amazing together! My favorite 🙂

XO
    Lee Anne

Nita
    October 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Oh I just love that bag!! So gorgeous! <3

Jessica Sheppard
    October 7, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Okay, so first things first…I’m obsessed with Karen Walker! Also love the denim + culotte…such a cute look!

Michele Shapiro
      November 2, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I love all of the KW sunnies too but most of them look ridiculous on me haha! Thanks for stopping by girl! xo

Karen
    October 8, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I love this jumpsuit, and how you styled it with the jacket!

karen

Maggie
    October 8, 2016 at 4:04 pm

This is so classic and simple – I love it!!

Elise
    October 9, 2016 at 9:09 pm

I love this outfit! I basically want to live in culottes haha

janna doan
    October 11, 2016 at 3:21 am

michele–NOTHING like a good score from LOFT. i was actually eyeing this one and LOVE how you styled it with … a denim jacket. geez, all those years i missed out on the denim jacket. what a versatile piece i only recently got acquainted to. the bag, you already know, let’s just not start there. but it does need a pom pom friend. ps–hope you are having the best time today stuffing your face with ice cream! thank goodness for the birth of Eddie! 😀 xoxo,

Michele Shapiro
      November 2, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I lovedddd denim jackets in high school and then took a major hiatus until recently too! I actually looked to see if the one I had from high school was still in my closet at my parents house but sadly, I must’ve parted with it 🙁 Funny you mention the pom pom (even though I’m only 4 weeks late to replying back to this) but I just got a little friend for it! I only had a blush pom so I recently snagged a gray one for this beauty. Why is it that you always read my mind? xo

Cheri Sampogna
    October 27, 2016 at 12:06 am

Love this so much I had to get the Jumpsuit! Great outfit!

Michele Shapiro
      October 29, 2016 at 8:49 pm

That makes me so happy to hear! I absolutely love the jumpsuit and I know it will look amazing on you! xo