Fashion

Colorful Accents

IMG_7137nickel-and-suede-closeupIMG_7121IMG_7519nickel-and-suede-smileIMG_7008IMG_7118nickel-and-suede-looknickel-and-suede-white-dress.jpgIMG_7092nickel-and-suede-full-outfitIMG_7222

Bag [Henri Bendel c/oDress [WAYF]  Wedges [HingeWatch [Michele, case and bandEarrings [Nickel +

Suede c/o]

With the exception of my Havaianas flip-flop collection that could rival the ROYGBIV spectrum, I’ve recently noticed that my summer wardrobe is a little…lackluster. Black? I got you covered. Cognac? Say no more. Gray? White? Cream? You know it. Color?…crickets. As I mentioned in last week’s post, I’m making an effort to change this but in the mean time, a fun way I like to add color to my outfits in small doses is through accessories.

I recently passed by this amazing mural in downtown Arlington and it inspired this entire shoot. I mean, we are talking about color so I wanted to have a little fun with it! One of the benefits when wearing neutrals is that it really allows colorful accents to stand out. I love this white dress from Nordie’s for multiple reasons; it’s a great blank canvas, can be dressed up or down, is perfect for summer, and the midi-length makes me feel like I’m in the Sound of Music #lifegoals. As this look is all about colorful details, I added the Rivington Crossbody in Ultramarine. Tassels are everywhere this season and I love the trendy touch on an otherwise classic bag. (If you feel like a little web window shopping, you can check out the rest of the Summer 2016 Collection here. This bag in pink is next on my list!)

Speaking of pink, I have a PSA for all my ladies that love big earrings but hate the heaviness that come along with them. I have been obsessing over these amazing lightweight leather earrings from Nickel + Suede lately! I haven’t been able to wear anything other than studs for years because they’re usually too heavy on my ears. What I love about Nickel + Suede is that all of their earrings are made of leather, making them super lightweight and easy to wear (so much so that I forgot I had them on one night and went to bed with them in!). They’re perfect for me because I can still get the look I like without having so suffer the consequences #gamechanger. The leather earrings come in several different sizes; small, medium, and large, and a bunch of different colors (see all of them here.)

Needless to say, adding a little extra color to my look with these pink beauties was the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for reading!

*In partnership with Nickel + Suede and Henri Bendel. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Kait Elizabeth
    May 5, 2016 at 1:41 pm

SO pretty love! That bag is fantastic. Hugs, Kait

May 5, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Thank you so much, Kait! Isn’t it fun?! I hope you’re having a great week xo

raysastyle
    May 5, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Beautiful! Love the bag. Kisses

May 6, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Thank you Raysa! I hope you had a great weekend! xo

janna doan (@jannadoan)
    May 15, 2016 at 9:59 pm

michele–that is ONE awesome WALL!!! and a freakin hot lady in front of it!!! this is the third HB bag, i am waiting on what the fourth one is. lol. oh man. your wadrobe. my wardrobe… they might be twins. i honestly don’t wear enough color so your opening paragraph had me laughing. LOL. i like to accessorize with color as well, whether it be a bag (not HB; saddd), jewelry, lipstick or nails even! this cobalt bag is gorgeous i love the crossbody factor because that means hands-free. i’ve also seen so many people wear this dress!! i am obsessed with all things midi as you might already know. annie has worn this as well in the coral and it looks gorgeous too! you picked the perfect place to shoot that last shot is my favorite!!! ps–i’ve always been wanting a pair of lace up chunky heels those look perfect!! see you on insta babe. xoxo,

May 25, 2016 at 9:15 am

I’m glad someone else appreciates this wall! I mean, I threw off my Insta feed color scheme by posting it 🙂 You must’ve missed the bone-colored HB bag I posted a few weeks ago on Insta but don’t you worry, I’ll be wearing it on the blog next week! Then you’ll be all caught up until I add a new one…shortly (turning 30 has me like #YOLO). I love your neutral wardrobe, like love love it, but you add pops of color with things like red nails or that gorg Tom Ford lip color! I need to take a few tips. And yes, I know everyone and their mother has this dress and it almost deterred me from buying it but I’m glad it didn’t! The midi length is so flattering on everyone, I can totally understand the hype now (Kristin wore it as well!) To be honest, these shoes are really comfy but the nubuck got dirty on the first wear and all I did was stand in front of this wall haha! I suggest going with the black or if you want a lighter color, go with a leather that you can clean! Sorry for the delay, I’ve clearly enjoyed my Insta/blog hiatus a little TOO much and need to get back into the game! Thank you for always being my supportive Insta BFF and I hope you’re having a good week. P.S.- hands free bags are the way to go…one hard for my phone, the other for ice cream 🙂 xox

Jessica Sheppard
    May 18, 2016 at 12:13 am

So pretty!!!! You shine in pops of color!

May 25, 2016 at 8:46 am

Thank you so much gorgeous girl! I’m slowly trying to incorporate color into my wardrobe so I appreciate the encouragement 🙂