Fashion

Henri Bendel Summer 2016

IMG_6675 IMG_6684 IMG_6688 IMG_6692 IMG_6712 IMG_6721 IMG_6872 IMG_6908 IMG_6920 IMG_6928 IMG_6644

Bag [Henri Bendel c/o]  Romper [Loft, similar hereHeels [Zara, love these and theseSunnies [Ray-Ban c/o Shop Ditto. Use code: classicandgray for a month free]  Watch [Kate Spade]

As I’ve mentioned seventeen several times in the past, I love neutrals. I just can’t help it! For example, if a shirt is offered in a variety of colors, you can bet I’m choosing white, black, gray (obviously), or a beige color. If I feel like living on the edge, maybe I’ll pick up a blush tone or a muted shade of blue but usually, that’s about as wild as it gets (seriously, my closet looks like you walked into a Sepia tone filter.) I do realize that some may believe this makes for a rather boring and predictable wardrobe but it’s what I’m drawn to and I’ve found that neutrals work best with my style.

However, as we move into the warmer months and the weather is finally starting to catch up, I’ve been getting an itch to add some more color to my closet (gasp!)  I’ll eventually branch out into dresses and shorts but for now (baby steps), one way that I love to implement color to a look without going overboard is through accessories. I touched on it briefly in this post but I’m all for adding pops of color in small doses with this method! Whether it’s a bold pair of sandals (eyeing these in pink), a beautiful bag, or jewelry, I love adding a fun, bold, accent color to accentuate my outfit.

Henri Bendel just released their Summer 2016 line and I’m so excited to share two of the pieces with you! I’ve become slightly obsessed with HB lately (#bendelgirl) and it isn’t just because I can walk to the store in four minutes. When I worked off of 5th Avenue fresh out of college, I used to pass the big, decorated windows of the Henri Bendel flagship store every day in awe. I would admire the timeless, brightly-colored bags on display and I still get the same feeling every time I walk into the store! Basically, it’s my wallet’s kryptonite and I don’t hate it, not one bit.

Because you know I already have my neutral-bag bases covered, I thought it’d be super fun to add something brighter to the mix! I really love the classic shape of this West 57th Blocked Carryall in the Red Multi color (the blue is also gorgeous). I’d say it’s more of an orangey-red color and is perfect for summer! It will definitely be one of my go-to’s. I am also lusting over this bag in yellow or violet because if Summer 2016 means I’ll be wearing some color, why not go all out?! As far as I’m concerned, the brighter, the better 🙂

You can check out the rest of the Henri Bendel Summer 2016 collection here and stay tuned for look #2 coming up next week! As always, thanks for reading!

Jennifer Frick
    April 28, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Oh my gosh Michele, To put you and Henri Bendel in the same category is a no brainer – timeless, classic, and with just enough to leave us wanting more! This bag is stunning and seems so versatile even with the bold pop of color! You have this incredible ability to take neutrals and elevate it somehow, and I can’t help, but be completely obsessed! I always look forward to your posts and I can’t wait to see look #2!! So gorgeous!!

Jen | MrsJenFrick.com

AlifyaLifestyle
    April 28, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Amazing!! Love the look!! 🙂

Jennifer Frick
    April 28, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Oh my gosh Michele I am loving this! To put you and Henri Bendel in the same category is a no-brainer – timeless, classic, and just enough to leave us wanting more! You have this incredible ability to style neutrals, which is why I always look forward to your posts! And this bag…the bold color is gorgeous, yet seems so versatile to pair with so many outfits! Love, love, love, and I can’t wait for look #2! xoxo

Jen | MrsJenFrick.com

May 2, 2016 at 11:08 am

Thank you Jen!! That is so sweet❤️ Your floral print dresses lately have been making me want to branch out from the neutral category this spring (is it possible?!) I hope you’re doing and feeling well, you look amazing! Can’t wait to see more bump updates. Sending you lots of love from VA❤️

raysastyle
    April 29, 2016 at 4:06 am

You look beautiful! Love every bit of this look. Kisses

May 2, 2016 at 11:05 am

Thank you so much Raysa! I hope you had a great weekend, even though it’s been so cloudy by us lately. Sending love xo

Dreamer Achiever
    April 29, 2016 at 6:37 am

Super chic and beautiful look. Just perfect! 🙂

Best,
    Nora / http://dreamerachiever.com

janna doan (@jannadoan)
    May 2, 2016 at 7:42 pm

michele–it’s become so apparent, i can chat with you on instagram forever, LOL, the banter just goes back and forth i love it. #NSYNC!! haha basically, you need to be an OFFICIAL #bendelgirl because now you have two bags and whatever else i haven’t seen lol. i love the color blocking on this one in particular. i don’t even own ONE. but i will say, i have walked into the store a few times after you bought your black one! currently checking out the summer line right now (thanks Michele, my wallet says sarcasicaly) LOL. but i am really liking the sullivan top handle and the crossbody in that orange color!!! ok, just gonna close that window now. ps–love this romper, esp when you can wear a regular bra with it, i hate strapless!!! pps–“it’s my wallet’s kryptonite” HAHAHAHA. “bye bye bye bye” xoxo,

May 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Janna, you are my sister from another mister. We are two peas in a pod, just living in different states haha. I am up to four HB bags but i just, can’t. quit. I’m obsessed! The uptown also comes in a mini crossbody that is SO cute. I love the Sullivan bags and was debating the crossbody but you know how strict my water bottle rule is and I wasn’t even getting a mini Poland Spring in that one! I’m pretty sure you need it though, especially if you’ve “just got paid.” Boom, taking it back to 2000. xo

imeastyle
    May 4, 2016 at 7:52 am

Great outfit! I love your bag! 🙂

//Timi from https://imeastyle.wordpress.com/

May 5, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Thank you so much Timi! It’s a great summer bag and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use! Have a great day xo