Fashion

Spring Accessories with Coach: Part I

IMG_5123IMG_5165IMG_5101IMG_4908IMG_5149IMG_5159.jpgIMG_5056IMG_5088IMG_5186IMG_5105IMG_5515.jpgIMG_5120

Sweater [LoftJeans [LoftFlats [similar hereBag [Coach c/o]  Sunnies [Prada via Ditto c/o]  Necklace [Ralph LaurenWatch [Michele, case and band]

If you were a teenager in the early 2000’s as I was, you’ll agree with me when I say that, seemingly overnight, Coach became the “it” brand. The company’s leather-made goods have been around for decades (75 years to be exact!) but back then, the resurgence of the coveted “C bags” peaked at just the time it was finally acceptable for me to step up my accessory game from the likes of Wet Seal (R.I.P. Contempo Casuals) and Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was late fall and I wanted a Coach bag so badly, I needed one (life may have depended on it back then.) I set my sights on Christmas, the next gift-giving holiday, because there was no way that my pocket-change, pizzeria paycheck would cover my first designer piece. I added the bag to my “list,” cut out a picture from Seventeen magazine of the exact one I wanted, and dreamed about it at night. After what seemed like a lifetime, Christmas Day finally rolled around. The bag wasn’t under the tree Christmas morning but all hope was not lost.

It was December 26th and we headed off to my grandparents house to exchange gifts as we did every year. I unwrapped sneakers, clothes, perfume, a winter coat (the usual stuff) and my present pile quickly diminished from a tower to a single box. I had one shot left. I slowly peeled the paper from the corner and as soon as I saw the shiny burgundy box peeking through, I tore it open as fast I could. Inside the perfectly wrapped parcel tied with white ribbon was my dream bag, my Coach bag. Excited was an understatement (for all those who know me with presents, you know I’m not exaggerating).I jumped up and down, slinging my first ever designer bag over my shoulder and staring at it in the mirror. It was perfect. That feeling of excitement when I finally got my hands on my first luxury handbag is one that I’ll never forget and so my appreciation of Coach craftsmanship began.

Although it has now seen better days (picture below), I will never get rid of my first designer bag. For one, it was gifted to me by my late grandmother and I can’t help but think of her every time I look at it (of many things, she will go down in my book as the best gift-giver in history). I carried my monogrammed Coach bag nearly every day after that for years and it was with me through many major moments in my life. It walked across the stage with me as I graduated high-school, accompanied me to attend my first day of college, saw one too many frat parties (hence the stains of jungle juice punch), and ignited my love for a quality bag.IMG_5643Just as it did the evening of December 26th, my Coach pinch-me-moment came again almost 15 years later when I was approached several months ago to partner with the iconic brand. I am so happy to finally announce my collaboration with Coach! (For the record, I’d totally be jumping up and down if it now wouldn’t induce a fit of tachycardia and a brief loss of consciousness #Imnotinhighschoolanymore.) Coach is such a classic, timeless brand and it embodies everything I believe style to be. I’ll be sharing two accessories from their Spring 2016 line in a dual-post this week!

The first look features this gorgeous bag, the Swagger 27 in the color “Fog.” It is the most beautiful shade of greige (not beige, not gray, but the perfect balance of both.) I have been wearing it daily because it is small enough to carry around for errands but is plenty big to carry all the essentials (a small pharmacy, salt packets, Pedialyte, a water bottle…the basic necessities). I love the Swagger bag so much that my in-law’s gifted me the mini version (the Swagger 20) in the color “Cornflower” this past weekend! It is the absolute perfect spring bag and you’ll be seeing it shortly 🙂

I’ve mentioned in previous posts that I’m a big believer in elevating a basic outfit with amazing accessories. I paired my bag with a spring sweater from Loft (I love the stark white color), some boyfriend jeans, and nude lace-ups. Simple yet classic.

Check back on Thursday for part two of my Coach collab and as always, thanks for stopping by!

cropped-screen-shot-2015-08-04-at-1-30-43-pm.png

*A huge thank you to Coach for gifting the pieces included in this post!

candicestubblefield
    March 22, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I am absolutely loving how Coach has evolved into simplistic designs! So beautiful!! Totally loving this bag girl! SO good! And how exciting for you!!

XOX
    Candice

March 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Me too!! I think they really hit a home run with their new styles and I want one of everything haha! Thank you so much for the love and I really appreciate you stopping by Candice xox

Kristen
    March 22, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Loving that Coach is re-investing themselves!! This is the cutest bag and of course, you look gorge in your Loft sweater as well!! 😉

xoxo, Kristen

March 29, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Isn’t this bag amazing?! All of their Spring 2016 styles are swoon-worthy, you should take a look if you haven’t already! And in regards to my sweater, thank you! You know I had to go back down there and get it 😉 We could’ve gotten ourselves into a lot of trouble had we had more time in there! I hope you had a wonderful weekend girl! xo

raysastyle
    March 22, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful bag! Love how your styled it. Xo

March 29, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Thank you so much, Raysa! I hope you have a wonderful week! xo

Krista Williams
    March 22, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Girl this is MAJOR! I’m so proud of you!

WORK IT!

xoxox
    Krista

March 29, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Ahh thank you so much, Krista! It was a pinch-me moment for sure! Thanks for all of the encouragement, it means a lot to me xo

Kait Elizabeth
    March 22, 2016 at 6:09 pm

This bag is so gorgeous! I love how you shared your history with Coach; my first designer bag was Coach as well, and I’ll never let it go. Hugs, Kait

March 29, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Thank you, Kait! Coach and I go way back and I’m happy to hear the same with you! There’s something so special about your first designer bag, isn’t there?! Thanks for stopping by, love! xo

rosesandrainbootsblog
    March 22, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Love this super comfortable but chic look. I really need to invest in some lace up flats! Also congrats on the collab. with coach! xx, Lo

March 29, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Thank you so much, Lo! I got these lace-up’s at Old Navy in the fall. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a pair! I hope you find some in time for Spring! xo

ruthieridley
    March 23, 2016 at 12:01 am

Do you read a lot?! You write so well! I love reading your posts! I remember my first coach bag! I’ll never forget it! Ben buys me one every year for my birthday! Except we missed last year lolol

March 29, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I never read any more (shh…don’t tell) but thank you so much for the sweet compliment! A lot of the time I feel like I’m rambling and my mother gets on my case about run-on sentences and incorrect punctuation’s haha! I just try to write how I speak…in run on’s and improper grammar I guess 🙂 That is so sweet that Ben buys you a bag every year for your birthday!! I’m sure you’ve got a nice little collection. Bags are my weakness and tell him not to worry, he can just double-up this year…kidding! Sort of 🙂

stopdropandvogue
    March 23, 2016 at 8:47 am

Incredibly chic! Such an amazing opportunity to partner with Coach! I loved this post and that bag is ADORABLE!

March 29, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Thank you so much, Taylor! I really appreciate the support and you stopping by! I hope you had a wonderful weekend xo

Morgan England
    March 23, 2016 at 10:31 am

I am loving that Coach bag and that is so awesome that you were able to collaborate with them! You phenomenal in this outfit. Loved how you styled this purse!

XOXO Morgan

March 29, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Thank you, Morgan! I really appreciate the sweet comments and you stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful week xo

Kristin
    March 23, 2016 at 10:35 am

Sooo happy for you & this collab! Your story is SO spot-on. I still have my first 2 designer bags and am still so proud of them. Love how simple this outfit is yet you look so chic! Killing it as usual!

xox,
    Kristin

March 29, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Thank you, Kristin! I would LOVE to see your first designer bags…I know they’re swoon-worthy 🙂 Thanks for always being so sweet; your comments always put a smile on my face! I hope you have a great week xo

Asa
    March 23, 2016 at 11:17 am

Congrats on your Coach collaboration. That is so exciting! I love hearing the story of your first designer handbag, who knew that having one could be life changing. I was excited for you. Such a great story.

I love the neutral color of your latest Coach, very classic and chic. Your outfit is perfect too. Love the shoes. ?

March 29, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Thank you so much, Asa! I was so excited about this collaboration because as you can see, Coach and I go way back! I will always hang onto my first Coach bag and I’m really glad you enjoyed the little background story 🙂 Thanks for showing some love and stopping by, I really appreciate it! Have a great week, friend! xo