The Liebster Award is given to newbie bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support & promote each other! So amazing, right?!
A huge THANK YOU to Kristin from A Midwestern Mix for the nomination! I absolutely love her style & her blog is full of fashion, workout, and travel tips! Check it out, you won’t regret it!
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Answering the Questions from Kristin…
- How did you come up with your blog name?
I love neutrals and gray has always been a favorite color of mine. Gray is considered a transitional color which also represents this period of time in my life! I was trying unsuccessfully to come up with an adjective to pair it with until one night, I was thinking of words that described my overall style. “Classic” was the first thing that popped into my head and the rest is history!
- What is your go-to Starbucks drink?
Currently, a decaf, non-fat Toasted Graham Latte with soy milk. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t drinking one right now! The perks of living a one-minute walk from Starbucks 🙂
- Guilty pleasure(s):
Fro-yo (I’m obsessed), a little retail therapy, watching The Real Housewives of Orange County, a good cheeseburger and fries, and wandering around Homegoods!
- What does your perfect day look like:
I’ve learned to really appreciate every day and my definition of perfect has changed recently! I’d say a sunny, warm day where I feel really great and spend time doing something outside with my hubby, family, and pup. Maybe exploring one of D.C.’s many historical places! Having a dinner at Tao in NYC wouldn’t hurt either 🙂
- Describe your style in 3 words:
Classic (surprising!), feminine, and comfortable (a must)
- Favorite quote:
There are a lot of inspirational quotes that I read and have gotten me through some tough times but I really love this one by Regina Brett! “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.”
- How do you stay organized?
I’d love to say a planner because I have tried so many times to use one and I always wind up falling off the wagon. I will continue to try though! I’m very type A so I have lists everywhere! Post-it’s are my best friend and there’s something so satisfying about crossing off a completed task!
- Best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Tough one. Probably the simple saying “Keep your head up.” Positivity is an amazing and powerful thing and I always try to look on the bright side!
- You’re given $1,000. How do you spend it?
I guess buying 1/5 of a Chanel Jumbo Flap doesn’t count so probably spending it on a weekend away with my husband. We’ve had a rough year and deserve it!
- Favorite brand(s) and why?
There are so many and I’m the most indecisive person ever but… Loft because they have amazing wardrobe staples that are cost-friendly, J.Crew because there is something so classic about their pieces, Rebecca Minkoff because I could probably open up my own shop of her handbags, and NARS…love their products.
My questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your favorite type of food?
2. Who is your style icon?
3. Describe your fashion philosophy:
4. What is your favorite fall trend?
5. Best advice for a new blogger:
6. Coffee or tea?
7. Go-to stores to shop at:
8. What is your favorite blog for inspiration?
9. If you could get a free trip anywhere, where would you go?
10. What is one thing you want your readers to know?
It was so fun answering these questions and I hope you enjoyed reading!